CJ course at UVic?

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Tue Aug 31 17:42:45 UTC 2004

Naika tlus siks,

Funny you should ask.  I have just received confirmation that I'll be
teaching a Chinook Jargon course at UVic in the Winter (Spring) semester.

It's to be listed as HIST 359/LING 441, History & Language: Chinook Wawa.

(Apparently the university thinks Jargon will be an easier subject for
history majors than for linguistics majors...look at those course numbers.)

The focus will be on Chinook as a language of BC, with plenty of shorthand
practice.  Hopefully we will have guest speakers in certain class
sessions.  I will strongly encourage the students to present their final
papers at our Chinook Jargon Lu'lu at UVic.

(Is June okay for the Lu'lu?  I've had few responses.)

Klahawiam naika,

--Dave R