CJ lesson for 1/11/04---a little chi wawa

Scott E Tyler s.tylermd at COMCAST.NET
Mon Jan 12 04:58:09 UTC 2004

To my friends in wawa illahi,
a bit niiyaa chii wawa a poem in wawa---Neah Bay chi wawa not to be confused
with Rez Dogs or chijuajuas
Below a poem from Farsi, some Farsi vocabulary, with a translation into
plain English, then a poetic rendition, and then
in chi wawa shantey,
tlush nanich,
Scott
chokardi. halghe dar gu.sham makon ja.na. fara.mu.sham

makon a.a za.do mafru.sham  zaman ya.d a.a ro dastam gir

u. = oo as in moose   a. = aw as in jaw

i. = i as in candi

chon = because, since          halghe = ring

dar = in            makon = don't           gush = ear         -am = me,my

faramush kardan = to forget              a.a za.d = to free

forush kardan = to sell                        be yad avardan = remember

yad amadan = remember                    gir kardan = to get caught

dastam begir = hold my hand               zaman = az man = from, by me

since you placed a ring in my ear, dear do not forget me,

neither free nor sell me, remember me and hold my hand

(provisional translation in the form of a poem)

Dearest,

since Thou of me a slave hast made,

in Thy mind let me not fade,

neither release nor barter me away,