2 Algonquian languages in shorthand

Ros' Haruo lilandbr at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 9 22:47:38 UTC 2004

And are they actually in "Kamloops wawa script" or simply in Duployan
shorthand, in other words were their orthographies descended from Chinook
Duployan or were they cognate with it? The Cree country extends west almost
to British Columbia, and there were a fair number of Cree (or Mitchif)
speakers among the pasisi, as I understand it, but I think of Montagnais as
being fairly far east (basically in Quebec), and wonder how many
Montagnais-speaking CJ speakers (let alone KW readers) there were.

lilEnd (or, if you're writing it in Duployan, "haluo")

        ROS' Haruo / 2355 Eastlake Ave E / Seattle WA 98102 / Usono
    lilandbr at scn.org / lilandbr at hotmail.com / tel 206-324-3176
              ROS' Haruo = Leland Bryant ROSS