What ever you do, don't go mesachie

Nadine Pedersen nadine at HARBOURPUBLISHING.COM
Fri Jul 9 23:49:01 UTC 2004

I was reviewing some corrections to a book the other day with a man from
Bella Coola. He pointed out that we'd erroneously given the name "Mesatchie
Nose" to a place in Bella Coola called Mesachie Nose. Recalling an earlier
discussion on the word "mesachie box" on this list-serve I asked him if he
knew what it meant. He told me that in Bella Coola if you call someone
"Mesachie" it means they're crazy. "Specifically," he added, "crazy the way
you get when you're drunk and then destroy the bar."

Have a great weekend everybody...

Nadine