2 Algonquian languages in shorthand

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Sat Jul 10 04:17:11 UTC 2004

That's pretty neat,
so what I'm understanding is that Le Jeune used the KW to share
information with Salish-and-CJ-speaking peoples, about other native
people such as the Cree and the Algonquian Montagnais. He therefore
printed the information in the shorthand script that they could read,
instead of roman characters or the Cree scripts etc. that were
unfamiliar, wikna? :)