KIWA

ted rowcliffe tedrowcliffe at DCCNET.COM
Sun Jul 11 01:27:14 UTC 2004

Hi All

I remembered when I was secretary of the London
branch of the Ontario Archaeological Society,
the regional archaeologist Bill Fox edited a  bulletin
entitled KIWA. As fate would have it, Bill is now at
Pacific Rim National Park and I asked him where the
name came from.

He said he took it from an old Ojibway dictionary and
the meaning was "to return home"