KIWA

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Sun Jul 18 12:26:34 UTC 2004

I was wondering the other day about a few other CJ words that can refer
to direction : "Ket-op" rise (Hale), "Keekwilee" below (Hale), "Kimta"
(Hale) behind, "katsuk" (Hale) middle, "Kelapi" turn (Hale). Is there
some relationship between that "k" sound in CJ at the beginning and the
concept of direction? At the very least its an intersting way to group
them for learning.

For some reason I have the impression that the word "mowitch," or deer,
is not from the Pacific but further east. ???

-- Leanne