Tonquin found?

Liland Brajant ROS’ lilandr at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 19 18:10:56 UTC 2004

I presented a well-attended (ca. 25 people) and
well-received talk on Chinook Jargon and Chinuk Wawa
Saturday morning at the Mary Winspear Centre in
Sidney, BC. Regrettably, Dave Robertson wasn't there
to provide a conversational partner and counsel, but
we did have a University of Chicago linguist in the
crowd who is an expert on Georgian and hence able to
critique my glottalized consonants (the Kartvelian
languages share that trait with the NW Coast).

The talk was wide-ranging in all dimensions, and I
can't begin to summarize it here, but you missed a
good one, folks.

The talk was given in connection with the US/Canada
joint Esperanto conference in Sidney this weekend, and
there's a good article about it in today's Times
Colonist (though I don't have a link to offer yet).

Well, 39 seconds to go on this loony internet
connection...

ta-ta

Haruo lilEnd

=====
Ros' Haruo = Leland Bryant Ross
(Ros' estas la familia nomo)
Persona TTTejo : http://www.scn.org/~lilandbr/
Esperanto * Kantoj * Baptismo * Himnoj * Melvilo * Sushio
Seatlo * Lingvoj * Beletro Usona * dxwlEšucid * ktp