Housing at UVic for Chinuk Lu'lu 2005

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon Apr 25 06:16:18 UTC 2005

Hi, everyone,

I've received a couple of inquiries about affordable housing for the UVic
Chinuk Wawa Lu'lu in early June.  This reminds me to post some information.

I mentioned a few weeks ago that those interested in staying in dorm rooms
at UVic, probably the cheapest option outside staying with a local friend
or at a hostel, should let me know.  The idea was to see if we could
reserve a block of rooms.  However, I only heard from two or three people,
which doesn't seem to justify a block reservation.

So I'm advising you to contact UVic's Housing, Food & Conference Services
individually.  Their website is http:hfcs.uvic.ca, and you can email them
at housing @ uvic.ca.  Phone (250) 721-8395 during normal business hours.

Their rates are good and so is their service.  Book soon as there usually
seem to be lots of events on campus in the summertime.

Again, there are a couple of hostels in town which may be nice bargains;
I've never stayed at them.  And if you have a friend in Victoria or
vicinity, maybe they should let you unroll a sleeping bag on their floor!

(If your friend is a linguist, you may find the house crowded.  At the same
time as our gathering, UVic will also host the Stabilizing Indigenous
Languages Symposium & the Athabaskan Languages Conference!)

Cheers,

--Dave R.