Translation assistance request, for publication

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Sun Dec 18 05:26:56 UTC 2005

Jo-Anne Elder. editor of the Canadian literary periodical Ellipse Magazine, has emailed to tell me they have an issue on "First Nations writing" in press and are preparing another on "Aboriginal languages from around the world." She attached a 300-word poem by Emma LaRocque and requested assistance locating translators, so they may present the poem in "as many different Aboriginal languages as possible, in order for readers to become more aware of the diversity of Aboriginal languages, and to recognize the importance of preserving languages." It is not clear for which issue this work is intended, but I presume the latter.

Contributors will receive payment and a complimentary copy and retain copyright.

Deadline's a bit tight, Feb 1 "or shortly thereafter."

Any willing to help out, let me know and I'll put you in touch.

I am not familiar with the magazine myself. It appears to have been in publication a number of years. They have a Web site, http://www.ellipsemag.org/

Regards,

Jeff