Chinook Jargon word for Donkey?

Tony Johnson Tony.Johnson at GRANDRONDE.ORG
Wed Feb 9 00:21:20 UTC 2005

A quick translation:

Hello--perhaps it is not straight, but my boy and I we say (together)
"long-eared-horse" for English "donkey."

aLqi wEXt--Tony J.

On Tuesday, February 8, 2005, at 09:58 , Tony Johnson wrote:

> LaXayEm--alaxti wik dret ukuk, bEt nayka tEnas pi nayka ntsayka
> khanamakwst wawa  "yuLqat-qw'Elan-khiyutan" pus bastEn "donkey." - -
> Tony J.

I am struggling with "bEt nayka tEnas pi nayka ntsayka"
the words are familiar, but I can't figure out what they mean together
??

- Leanne
- homepage: timetemple.com