Are these words for BC game animals?

Leanne Riding riding at TIMETEMPLE.COM
Fri May 13 21:36:22 UTC 2005

I'd like to guess on the second part of the note. I'm not sure what
the person is doing so it is hard to guess, but I'll hazard the
note relates to road building or trail making.

I'll speculate that the first part is a list of provisions, while
the second part relates to his plans. I'll hazard a guess that
KARIN means "Cairn" and SATAK means "Stake"? I'll go out on a limb
too and say that SOM might be also spelled TZUM. If intended as
"writing", perhaps some mail, a work order, contract,
  map, plan, or another type of document?? If the intention is
"marking", this would be a "blaze", or a mark made on a tree.

Since these suggestions can all be markers, it could be that the
intention is to measure and mark out some property or claim, or
mark a trail or pack route.

If "cairn," the activity may incorporate some trail or route
finding, since as far as I know, a cairn would not be created in
the woods or meadows. A typical marker cairn would only about knee
high, and found in a gravelly, rocky area where other markers might
be quickly obscured, such as across a gravelly slope or on top of a
mountain ridge. Some mining claims might have been that high. If
cairns were made, some could still be in place.

Stakes I'm less familiar with, but they bring to mind the
delineation of property or rights. On the other hand, stakes can
also be a route marker, across open areas where there aren't any
rocks and trees. I'm not sure what size the stakes.
  Very large stakes suggest fences.

Blazes are the marking of choice in wooded areas, where all the
branches and plants are a little confusing and it is easy to get
turned around. A big gash is cut out of the bark of a tree at about
eye level, and is easy to spot.

To me it sounds like this person may be planning on doing some
trail marking after doing their other work. For example, if the
work is road building, the writer may be setting out the route for
the road builders.

-- Leanne (http://timetemple.com)