Sept-Oct seasonal round & CJ

Jim Holton jim at ADISOFT-INC.COM
Thu May 19 14:48:08 UTC 2005

Dave, I think hop picking would occur early in this period.  According
to this web site, hops are picked "In the Pacific Northwest, harvesting
usually begins in the middle of August and continues until the middle of
September."  The web site is:
http://www.brewingtechniques.com/library/backissues/issue2.3/montell.html.
According to E. H. Thomas, CJ was defnitely associated with hop picking
as the workers in Washington came from all over the region.  I believe
I've seen it mentioned in several other sources as well.  From my
personal experience in Wisconsin, you'll tend to make hay in June (the
best) and up until September as it grows back. I don't have any
experience in the PNW and it could be different (earlier and longer?).
Kl, Jim