Tony's kakapus-kakwa explanation

Linda Fink linda at FINK.COM
Sat Aug 26 16:29:27 UTC 2006

Laksta tiki munk-huyhuy ukuk khapa bastEn wawa?

I'll take a stab at it, for those, like myself, not so conversant in
wawa as many of you.

LaXayEm nayka shiks.  ntsayka wawa "kakupus" pus bastEn "as if" /
"seemingly."  q'wet'L-wawa ukuk.  pus munk uk q'wet'L-wawa ntsayka
anqati tilixam Laska munk-khanamakwst makwst tEnEs-wawa "kakwa" pi
"pus."

Hi Friends, we say "kakupus" for English "as if"/"seemingly". It is a
contraction. To make this contraction, our ancestors put together 2
words: "kakwa" and "pus".

qhanchi ntsayka wawa "kakupus-kakwa" ntsayka wawa (khapa bastEn) "this
is the way something appears" / "that's the way it seems."

When we say "kakupus-kakwa", we are saying (in English) "this is the way
something appears"/"that's the way it seems."

Pus mayka wawa "khanawi ikta Lush?" khapa nayka.  alaxti nayka k'ilapay
wawa mayka, "kakupus kakwa."

If you say "is everything good?" to me. Perhaps I will reply to you, "so
it seems".

Laksta tiki munk-huyhuy ukuk khapa bastEn wawa?

Who wants to change this into English?

ayaq nayka munk-tsEm alta pi alaxti wik khanawi-ikta drEt.

Quickly I write now and perhaps nothing is good.

Linda Fink
Lawa nayka munk-tsEm alta pe alaxti wik khanawi-ikta drEt. ;-)