Penelope B. Drooker on CJ?

David Robertson ddr11 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Wed Aug 30 18:34:31 UTC 2006

This item turns out to be an extensive paper from Ian W. Brown's Anthro E-
153 course at Harvard in 1987.  The title is "Chinook Jargon and Mobilian
Jargon: Two contact languages in context".  Drooker compares
sociohistorical and linguistic facts of Chinook Jargon and Mobilian
Jargon.  Well written (a graduate seminar?).  Drooker went on to become a
curator at the New York State Museum, but I doubt she continued
researching Jargon.

Please don't request this from your library yet, I've borrowed what seems
to be the only copy in North America and still need to xerox it!

--Dave R