Blue Heron

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Wed Apr 25 18:23:08 UTC 2007

The only CJ expression referring (also) to the heron I found in "The Chinook Book" of W.S. Phillips ("El Comancho"), under the heading KULLAKULLA:
  "Siah lepee kullakulla mitlite copo chuck illahee," "A long legged bird that-lives-in the water-land (swamps)." (The crane, snipe or heron.)
  But I don't know about any specific denomination for the blue heron.

  Francisc

"J. Barnes" <saghalie.illahee at YAHOO.COM> wrote:
  The Jargon seems to have developed words for specific animals.  Does anyone know if there's a word for a Blue Heron (also known as the Great Blue Heron)?
Check out new cars at Yahoo! Autos. To respond to the CHINOOK list, click 'REPLY ALL'. To respond privately to the sender of a message, click 'REPLY'. Hayu masi!

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.