Jargon "was goin' to be the standard language" in Oregon

Dave Robertson ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Fri Jun 1 17:22:51 UTC 2007

Johnson, Clifton.  1908.  Highways and byways of the Pacific coast.  New
York: MacMillan.

Page 240: an old settler recalls in an interview:

"We talked a jargon that was got up for the Indians; and that was taught in
the schools.  I used to could speak that jargon better than I could English
and we had an i-dea [sic] that was goin' to be the standard language here
in Oregon."

--Dave R