A known NW indigenous-to-English loan, and a possible 'nother

Dave Robertson ddr11 at UVIC.CA
Thu Mar 22 17:08:31 UTC 2007

When I posted the message below, 8 years ago, I never checked the location
of Coloma, CA.  With the help of Google Maps, I now see that it's quite far
south in terms of Chinook Jargon's area of influence.  Coloma is 421 miles
by road (nowadays) from the Oregon border at Crescent City, CA.  It's
between San Francisco and Lake Tahoe.  Coloma was an important gold-rush
location, it appears.

--Dave R