still speakers?

Dale McCreery dr_mccreery at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 15 07:50:06 UTC 2008

Hey, this is Dale McCreery, from Hazelton, and I was under the impression
that there were still some older people in town that knew cj, as the
language was used between the Babine and Gitksan tribes, who both have
reserves in the Hazeltons. I was reading an autobiography of a local doctor,
and it stated that jargon was still very useful to him in the sixties, and
although I haven't looked hard, I know at least one man who's father was a
good speaker (father died a few years ago).
I'm on in the area now, but plan on checking if there are any people who
still speak when I get back.
Dale