Rooster Rock

Jeffrey Kopp jeffreykopp at ATT.NET
Tue Apr 14 20:45:59 UTC 2009

I don't have a copy of Gill's but found a poor scan of it online, which mentions "Rooster Rock," though by a different term:

Woot'-Ut (O. C.) A phallus. Often represented in
carved pestles. Natural pillars and towers of
basalt were sometimes called "Wootlat," and
venerated. Rooster Rock was a notable wood at.

Note this is a very poor OCR, I presume the word is actually "wootlat."

http://www.archive.org/stream/gillsdictionary00goog/gillsdictionary00goog_djvu.txt