[Cogsci-interpreting] Call for papers on Interpreting for ISB12

Laura Babcock lbabcock at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 14:13:11 UTC 2018

Dear Cognitive Science of Interpreting Researchers,

As many of you probably know the International Symposium on Bilingualism 12
(http://sites.psych.ualberta.ca/ISB12/) will take place this coming June in
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. Given the success of our colloquium on
Interpreting at ISB11, we thought we would try to repeat the experience and
host one or more colloquia at ISB12. We think this is a nice way to make
sure all of the interpreting papers are presented together rather than
getting lost in the shuffle of the very large program.

Unlike ISB11, where 2- and 4-hour colloquia were allowed (we had a 4-hour
one), this year the colloquia (or theme sessions) will only be a single
time slot, meaning 3-4 papers each. So our thought was to gauge who is
interested in presenting a paper and then group these thematically into as
many colloquia as we need. Thus, the purpose of this email is to ask who is
interested in presenting a paper on Interpreting at ISB12.

If you are interested, this is what we would ask of you. First, by
September 24, 2018, please let us (see the end of the email for addresses)
know you are interested and give us at least a (working) title for the
paper and brief description so that we know where to place it thematically.
Second, by October 8, 2018, send the full abstract (maximum 300 words).
This will allow us enough time to finalize the submissions before the
October 15 deadline.

A final few notes. If you know of a researcher working in this area who
does not receive these emails, feel free to forward this message to them
and suggest that they sign up for this listserve. If you are interested in
serving as a chair for one of the sessions, please let us know.

We are looking forward to hearing from you all now and seeing you at ISB12!

Best regards,
Laura Babcock, lbabcock at gmail.com
Alexis Hervais-Adelman, alexis.hervais-adelman at uzh.ch
Cristina Lozano Arguelles, cris.lozano at rutgers.edu