Corpora: Afro-Caribbean French corpora

MIT2USA at aol.com MIT2USA at aol.com
Tue Dec 12 02:09:20 UTC 2000

Dear Corpora Listers,

Can anyone on this list help out Rebecca Mitchell who just posted the
following message on the Creolist regarding Afro-Caribbean French corpora?

From: CreoLIST <CreoLIST at ling.su.se>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:34:09 +0000 (GMT)
From: "R.A. Mitchell" <ram1002 at hermes.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Afro-Caribbean French corpora

I'm a PhD student at the university of Cambridge, and I'm researching
grammatical variation in French in W. Africa and
the Caribbean. I'm urgently trying to find corpora for these areas
(especially Martinique and Gabon or Cameroon).

I'd be really grateful to hear from any subscribers who know whether such
corpora exist and if so, how I can track them down. NB. I am looking at
French data, not Creole.

Thanks
Rebecca Mitchell

Please contact her directly with replies.

Best,

Jeff

**** Developer of the Creole Tool Suite(tm) ****

Jeff Allen
Chief Executive Officer
Mason Integrated Technologies Ltd (MIT2)
Paris, France
Cell phone: (+33) 6 74 47 98 01
E-mail: MIT2CEO at aol.com & postediting at aol.com

MIT2 Home Page: