Corpora: Parallel corpus

Mark Davies mdavies at ilstu.edu
Tue Dec 19 21:22:26 UTC 2000

>I am looking for a parallel corpus (news, etc.) in English and
>optimally, Eastern European languages.  The second-best scenario would
>be a corpus in English and French/German/Spanish/Italian languages.  If
>anybody knows any public sources, I would appreciate it greatly.

Might try: http://mdavies.for.ilstu.edu/polyglot

It's a searchable database of the Gospel of Luke in 30 languages, and it
allows side-by-side viewing of passages in up to seven languages.

Mark Davies

Mark Davies, Associate Professor, Spanish Linguistics
Dept. of Foreign Languages, Illinois State University
Normal, IL 61790-4300

Voice:309/438-7975      email:mdavies at ilstu.edu
Fax:309/438-8038          http://mdavies.for.ilstu.edu/