Corpora: Parallel corpus

Christopher Cieri Christopher.Cieri at ldc.upenn.edu
Mon Dec 18 16:21:12 UTC 2000

Yuliya,

LDC distributes two corpora that may match your needs.

UN Parallel Text, Complete (ISBN: 1-58563-038-1) has UN documents in
English, French and Spanish. You can read more about it at
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/LDC94T4A.html.

Hansard French/English (ISBN: 1-58563-048-9) has parallel texts in English
and French, drawn from official records of the proceedings of the Canadian
Parliament. It's page is http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/LDC95T20.html.

The following URL will provide the complete list of LDC parallel corpora.
Currently, we also distribute three Chinese-English corpora.

http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/cgi-bin/Catalog/catalog_search.pl?source=parallel

I hope that helps.
Chris

Yuliya Katsnelson wrote:

> Dear Everyone,
>
> I am looking for a parallel corpus (news, etc.) in English and
> optimally, Eastern European languages.  The second-best scenario would
> be a corpus in English and French/German/Spanish/Italian languages.  If
> anybody knows any public sources, I would appreciate it greatly.
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Yuliya
>
> Yuliya M. Katsnelson,
> Research & Development
> Highland Technologies, Inc.,
> Maryland, USA

Christopher Cieri
Executive Director, Linguistic Data Consortium
3615 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-2608 USA
phone: 215-573-5489, fax: 215-573-2175
mailto:Christopher.Cieri at ldc.upenn.edu
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu