Corpora: Russian "Independent" Corpus

Vladimir Rykov rykov at iling.msk.su
Wed Feb 2 06:47:46 UTC 2000

          I am sorry if my letter will look like commercial.

     I like to read  Nezavissimaya Gazeta (Independent Newspaper).
     Last week I saw an ad there.  They sell CD with all its  contents
of 1998 year - plus program for easy browsing.
     The idea struck in my mind that this CD could  be  treated  as  a
kind of Russian newspaper corpus.

     So -  maybe  it could be useful for a very cool breed of people -
the ones who love and study Russia. The others may skip this msg :-).

     They have web-site:

            www.ng.ru

                     you would find more info there.

     Of course you may ask for my help.

     Just a couple of words more.  Our "intelligentsia" likes to  read
NG. As  to me - I like its supplements - they are half of every issue.
I mean -  "NG-Religions"  ,  "Ex  libris",  "Circle  of  life",  "NG
Regions", etc.  etc.  The  first  two  now go independent and have www
addrs:

     religion.ng.ru
                        and
                                      exlibris.ng.ru

---
    YS Vladimir Rykov, PhD in Computational Linguistics                                       M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M_M
 www.blkbox.com/~gigawatt/rykov.html        Linguistic Institute
  WWW.GOL.RU/~iling                   1/12 B.Kislovsky per., Moscow, 103009             KREMLIN WALL IS WHERE YOU MAKE IT !!!
 Please - do NOT send Internet (attached,multimedia etc) files - we can read ASCII files ONLY  Please - send us *.html, *.doc, other non-ASCII files to the addr: ILING at GOL.RU with RE: For Rykov