Corpora: minimum size of corpu?

Ute Römer ute.roemer at uni-koeln.de
Wed Feb 9 21:28:47 UTC 2000

Hi Elaine,

to answer your question: there is no such thing as a minimum size of a
corpus. I would even say that a collection of three poems can already be a
called "corpus". But the problem is that your results are only as good as
your corpus, i. e. bigger corpora are usually more representative than
smaller ones. Nevertheless I think you should try to do an analysis of your
276 verses!

Ute Römer