Corpora: introductory books on NLP

barlow at rice.edu barlow at rice.edu
Mon Feb 21 10:52:57 UTC 2000

A couple of new books, which focus more on statistics than programming are:

Speech and Language Processing: An Introduction to Natural Language
Processing, Computational Linguistics and Speech Recognition
by Dan Jurafsky, James H. Martin

Foundations of Statistical Natural Language Processing
by Christopher D. Manning  Hinrich Schutze

Michael