Corpora: Looking for a German grammar

James L. Fidelholtz jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Thu Feb 24 15:33:22 UTC 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, GUIMIER DE NEEF Emilie CNET/DMI/LAN wrote:

>I am looking for a reference grammar of german (written in French or in
>English) that presents the main characteristics of this language (morphology
>and syntax).

Dear Emilie:
	It's been a while since I have been involved closely with
German, but the standard grammatical reference a couple of decades ago
was the grammar by Curme, George O.  I just checked Amazon.com, and it
seems to be out of print (in at least 2 versions), and likewise with
Schoenhof's.  Any reasonable library should have a copy (It's in
English, I think originally, although there may be a version in German.)
I have seen it referred to favorably pretty recently, also.  I hope this
helps.
	Jim

James L. Fidelholtz			e-mail: jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Maestría en Ciencias del Lenguaje
Instituto de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades
Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, MÉXICO