Corpora: French and German chunking

E S Atwell eric at scs.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jul 20 11:52:55 UTC 2000

Patrick,

the chunking task is one of the key themes of CoNLL'2000, Sept13-14,Lisbon,
with several papers on Natural Language Learning approaches:

C. Johansson: A Context Sensitive Maximum Likelihood Approach to Chunking

M. Vilain/D. Day: MITRE's Alembic System as used for the CoNLL Chunking Task

J. Veenstra/A. Van den Bosch: Single-Classifier Memory-Based Phrase Chunking

F. Pla/A. Molina/N. Prieto: Improving Chunking by means of Lexical-Context
Information in Statistical Language Models

M. Osborne: Shallow Parsing as Part-of-Speech Tagging

R. Koeling: Chunking with Maximum Entropy Models

Zhou GuoDong/Tey TongGuan/Su Jian: Hybrid Text Chunking

E. Tjong Kim Sang: Text Chunking by System Combination

T. Kudoh/Y. Matsumoti: Use of Support Vector Learning for Chunk Identification

H. Van Halteren: Chunking with WPDV Models

The programme for the CoNLL meeting and registration information are  now
available on the web-pages:

http://lcg-www.uia.ac.be/conll2000/

http://lcg-www.uia.ac.be/conll2000/programme.html
http://lcg-www.uia.ac.be/conll2000/programme.doc
http://vinci.inesc.pt/icgi-2000/registration/registration.html

--
Eric Atwell, Distributed Multimedia Systems MSc Tutor & SOCRATES Tutor
School of Computer Studies, University of Leeds, LEEDS LS2 9JT
WWW: http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/eric  EMAIL: eric at comp.leeds.ac.uk