Corpora: Locating sources of corpora

Christopher Cieri ccieri at ldc.upenn.edu
Thu Jul 27 17:51:11 UTC 2000

Sam,

In case you have not already done this, you might have a look at LDC's
Catalog (http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog). We have 168 corpora
available at the moment and add about 20 per year. Most of our English
text corpora focus on news since news text is relatively easy to acquire
in large volume and covers a variety of topics. LDC also does data
collection and annotation for specific projects or sponsors provided
that we retain the right to share the data with our research
communities.

Best wishes,
Chris
--
Christopher Cieri
Executive Director, Linguistic Data Consortium
mailto:Christopher.Cieri at ldc.upenn.edu
http://www.ldc.upenn.edu