Corpora: programming languages for statistical language learning

Seth Russell seth at robustai.net
Thu Jun 8 12:52:28 UTC 2000

I think that even more important than the choice of programming language
is going to be your choice of a data structure for the semantic network.
WordNet has one, Protege has one, Cyc has one ... everybody seems to start
from scratch with their projects.   Perhaps someone on the list could give
us pointers to the salient points that go into choosing an internal data
structure for the semantic network.

Oh, and you didn't mention Java as a programming language choice.  If you
go with Java then you might be able to use the openNLP platform ... see
http://opennlp.sourceforge.net/    In any case could you at least keep me
(and the corpora group) informed of your choice and the reasons behind
it.  I think there are a number of us making that same choice.

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/ai/word_of_emouth.htm
Click on the button ... see if you can catch me live!
http://robustai.net/JournalOfMyLife/users/SethRussell.html
Http://RobustAi.net/Ai/Conjecture.htm