Corpora: Syntactical Support for Full-Text Retrieval

Tobias Engler tsengler at linguistik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Jun 13 16:01:28 UTC 2000

Dear list members,

I'm working on my masters thesis on the subject of "Syntactical
Support for Full-Text Retrieval". Although a German grammar will be
used, the respective language tools can handle other languages as
well. Right now I'd like to get to know about related work,
especially regarding existing implementations, adequate indexing
techniques and database storage formats, with special focus on the
syntax. Also of interest are  comparable works based on morphological
support.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Tobias Engler
Department for Computational Linguistics
University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
tsengler at stud.informatik.uni-erlangen.de

"superman in supernature needs all the comfort he can find
  spontaneous emotion, and the long, enduring kind" (Neil Peart, 1996)