Corpora: Job posting for Portuguese NLP

Diana Maria de Sousa Marques Pinto dos Santos Diana.Santos at informatics.sintef.no
Thu Jun 15 09:58:55 UTC 2000

Job posting

The Computational Processing of Portuguese project at SINTEF Telecom and
Informatics, Oslo, Norway, wants to hire further temporary staff members,
vith a view to launching a Resource Center for Portuguese Language
Processing.

We are looking for different kinds of people

1. Research assistants, with computer science background (one-year
contracts, with the possibility of extension). One for Oslo/Norway; another
in Braga/Portugal, a third one in Lisbon/Portugal. The last position will
have speech resources as its domain. So, some knowledge of digital signal
processing is required.
2. Post-doc or researcher interested in doing his/her PhD in our project,
to work in NLP of Portuguese, more specifically information retrieval or
development of Web-based NLP services. The position is a three year
scholarship in Oslo/Norway.
3. Interns, with linguistics or language background (alternatively computer
scientists with strong interest in language) and native speakers of
European Portuguese, for work during six-months in Odense/Denmark.

Successful candidates are expected to start working on 1st September 2000.
More information about our project and activities can be found at
http://www.portugues.mct.pt. Everyone interested in collaborating with the
project, even if not under the conditions above, is welcome to send mail to
Diana.Santos at informatics.sintef.no no later than 23rd June 2000.