Corpora: Natural Language Query corpus

bulicny at lhsl.com bulicny at lhsl.com
Fri Jun 23 14:00:53 UTC 2000

Sergey,

The search engine "Ask Jeeves" (www.askjeeves.com) shows recent queries as well
in the form of full questions.  Many of them are of the form "I am looking for
information about X", however.  And it is not clear that these are the original
form that the user submits.

The site Abuzz.com (www.abuzz.com) also lists user questions that they seek help
on.  Self-styled experts are then encouraged to provide the answer.  There are
several such "ask an expert" sites now.  Another is called Allexperts.com
(www.allexperts.com).  The queries here are not necessarily single interrogative
sentences, however.

Hope this helps.

Brian Ulicny, PhD
Senior Software Linguist
Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products
52 Third Ave
Burlington MA 01803
USA
781 203 5380
bulicny at Lhsl.com

"Olonichev, Sergey" <Olonichev at ScienceSoft.Invention-Machine.com> on 06/23/2000
07:31:05 AM