Corpora: Info on the Kak virus

Christian Coseru christian.coseru at anu.edu.au
Sun Mar 26 00:42:43 UTC 2000

At 10:22 PM 3/25/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Dear corporeal ones:
>
>I've just done some quick hunting on the WWW, and it seems that our
>friendly virus  WScript/worm is more annoying than malicious, and then
>only after 5:00 pm on the first of any month.
>
>Good news: It only affects you if you use MS Outlook Express 5.0, and a
>patch is available from MS at:

That's not exactly true. I use Eudora and it still got infected, twice now.
The documentation on the WScriptKakWorm virus seems to be incomplete. The
virus attached itself to my inbox.mbx file and my antivirus program
(Norton) could not repair it. So I had to quarantine it and thus I lost all
my inbox messages.

Christian Coseru