Corpora: Varieties of English

Young David 9821163 at student.ul.ie
Thu Mar 30 11:38:21 UTC 2000

Hello, this is a request for information. I'm a Masters student at the
University of Limerick and am interested in conducting a corpus based
comparative analysis of Hiberno (Southern Irish) and British-English. The
study will pertain to spoken discourse as evidenced in radio broadcasts,
taking linguistic features such as tense/aspect into consideration. I would
greatly appreciate if you could refer me to someone who has undertaken a
similar course of research and/or the type of methodological framework used,
e.g. Biber's MF/MD framework. Yours sincerely. David Young.