Corpora: web-search

James L. Fidelholtz jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Wed May 3 23:09:54 UTC 2000

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Janne Bondi Johannessen wrote:

[snip]

>Since this is only a prototype, I would like to suggest two improvements:
>1. Include as an option the search engine FAST,
>http://www.ussc.alltheweb.com/, which gave 111 hits (20 more than Alta
>Vista)

My personal favorite search engine is Northern Light, which
purportedly has the largest number of web pages indexed, and which
just gave me "146 items in 113 sources" for "subletted"
[snip]

Jim

James L. Fidelholtz			e-mail: jfidel at siu.buap.mx
Posgrado en Ciencias del Lenguaje	tel.: +(52-2)229-5500 x5705
Instituto de Ciencias Sociales y Humanidades	fax: +(01-2) 229-5681
Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, MÉXICO