Corpora: Measuring Text Reuse

Paul Clough p.clough at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri May 5 16:39:50 UTC 2000

Hi,

I am a postgraduate working on a project looking at how text from a British
news agency is being reused by various newspapers. I am interested in
whether anyone else is working on anything similar or knows any other
projects dealing with reuse. I am trying to get a grasp on how to actually
define reuse as not only am I dealing with verbatim copy of text, I am also
looking at cases where text is paraphrased. Has anyone any ideas or opinions
on what they consider as reuse of text, or what tools could be used to
extract reused material?

Thanks for any comments,

Paul Clough.
University of Sheffield.