Corpora: LDC/CMU Kids Speech Corpus now available to non-LDC-members

James P. Salsman bovik at best.com
Thu Nov 2 05:04:25 UTC 2000

Good news!  The LDC/CMU Kids Speech Corpus, which was formerly
available only with an LDC membership costing thousands of dollars,
is now available for USD $230.  I received my copy today.

The Kids Corpus consists of recordings and prompting text of
grade-school children attempting to read unfamiliar texts.
It is more fully described at:

  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/ldc/news/release/kids.html

  http://www.ldc.upenn.edu/Catalog/LDC97S63.html

The purchase instructions are below.