Corpora: corpus representativeness summary/copyright-authorship appeal

Kaiman rykov at narod.ru
Fri Nov 3 08:39:34 UTC 2000

IЧd like to say thanx to the people who sent me info about corpus representativeness problem.

And I send this summary for other list members to use it.

As I study corpora  as a whole Ч I use this opportunity to ЧlaunchЧ new appeal Ч has anybody any kind of info about corpora authorship and/or copyright matters?

I think it could be a topic of interest for someone else not so busy with tagging :-)

Vladimir

You are welcome to take a look at
<http://spinoza.tau.ac.il/hci/dep/semitic/cosih.html>
Shlomo

> >Shlomo Izre'el
> >Professor of Semitic Linguistics
> >Department of Hebrew and Semitic Languages
> >Webb Building #520
> >Tel Aviv University

For a critical view of the possibilities of creating a representative
corpus see:
Clear J. (1992), Corpus Sampling. In: Leitner G. (ed.), New Directions
in English Language Corpora. Methodology, Results, Software
Developments. Berlin und New York: Mouton de Gruyter, 21-31.
cheers
Mike
--
Dr. Michael Klotz
Institut f. Anglistik und Amerikanistik
email: mklotz at phil.uni-erlangen.de

See papers presented at the ACL Workshop on Comparing Corpora, last Sat in
Hong Kong; programme and abstracts available from
http://www.itri.bton.ac.uk/events/compcorp/programme.html
Full papers available from ACL or individual authors
Adam Kilgarriff
adam at itri.bton.ac.uk

--
Сегодня удачный день для того, чтобы завести почту на Яндексе!
Бесплатная, удобная и безопасная почта на http://www.yandex.ru