Corpora: Mapping WN1.5 to WN1.6

German Rigau Claramunt g.rigau at lsi.upc.es
Wed Nov 29 18:09:51 UTC 2000

Dear list members,

We are pleased to announce the public release of the complete
mapping between WordNet 1.5 and WordNet 1.6.

The mapping covers nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs and
has been performed by means of an automatic process. We used
a constraint satisfaction algorithm (relaxation labelling) to select
-among a set of candidates- the node in WN1.6 that best matches
each node in WN1.5. We mapped both resources using mainly
structural information (i.e. synset relationships), and some help
from glosses and synset words in the cases where structure
was not enough (adjectives and adverbs).

The framework of the mapping was presented at the ACL meeting
last october in Hong Kong:

Daudé J., Padró L. and Rigau G., Mapping WordNets Using
Structural Information , 38th Anual Meeting of the Association for
Computational Linguistics (ACL'2000). Hong Kong, October 2000.

You can download the database from:

http://www.lsi.upc.es/~nlp/mapping.html

Best whishes,

Jordi Daudé, Lluis Padró and German Rigau

 o o o    German Rigau Claramunt                        Tel :
+93.401.56.51
 o o o    TALP Research Center.                         Fax :
+93.401.70.14
 o o o    LSI department -AI section-. UPC.
 U P C    http://www.lsi.upc.es/~rigau
g.rigau at lsi.upc.es