Corpora: Re: [webir] IR info and tools

Andrew MacFarlane andym at open.muscat.com
Tue Oct 17 06:25:13 UTC 2000

On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Patrick Ruch wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking for a toolset -free or commercial- for calculating
> vector distances (cosinus, euclid...). The target is an NLP-based
> IR engine, and it must be efficient. Related stategies for choosing
> the indexing terms are welcome.

Open Muscat is a free open source search engine library and may be of use
to you.

The url is in my signature below.

hope that helps

cheers

andy

!A. MacFarlane, Software Engineer       !
!Open Muscat, St Johns Innovation Centre!
!Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 OWB,        !
!Tel: +44 (0) 1223 422309               !