Corpora: Comprehensive corpus/dictionary/lexicon

Kai Noponen noponen at ees2.oulu.fi
Fri Jan 5 09:08:53 UTC 2001

Dear Reader,

Does anyone know a good source for basic word subcategory information. By
this I mean part-of-speech and more detailed knowledge like dicrimination of
monotransitive, ditransitive and complex transitive verbs among process,
place and time adverbs etc. I suppose a basic dictonary-type corpus would be
suitable, but where can I find one.

Thanks in advance,
Kai Noponen, Researcher
MediaTeam Oulu Group, University of Oulu, Finland
TF402, P.O.BOX 4500, FIN-90014 University of Oulu, Finland
e-mail: noponen at ee.oulu.fi, http://www.mediateam.oulu.fi
tel +358-8-553 2789, fax +358-8-553 2612