Corpora: frequencies in Russian

Karen Mims mims at cattell.psych.upenn.edu
Tue Jun 19 19:31:44 UTC 2001

Hello.  I got a recommendation from a person at Penn's Linguistic Data
Consortium to try this group out for leads on my questions.  I'd like
to know what the frequency of the passive is in Russian.  Ideally, I'd
like that information for spoken and written Russian separately.  Also,
I'm interested in the relative frequencies of the six possible mono-
transitive word orders (SVO, etc.).  Finally, if anyone has any suggestions
on where to go to look for information regarding what factors affect
word order choice in Russian, I'd be ever-so-grateful.

Please, email me directly at mims at psych.upenn.edu

Thank you,
Karen

                                Karen Mims
                         Department of Psychology
                        University of Pennsylvania

        3401 Walnut Street              215.573.4826 (office)
        Suite 400A                      215.898.0327 (lab)
        Philadelphia, PA 19104          mims at psych.upenn.edu
                                        www.psych.upenn.edu/~mims