Corpora: NLP postdoc position, University of Maryland

Philip Resnik resnik at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Jun 27 20:35:38 UTC 2001

[Apologies if you receive multiple copies of this posting.]

UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND SEEKS POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCHER

The University of Maryland is seeking a bright and energetic postdoc
to work on research in computational linguistics, information
retrieval, and related areas. Our laboratory has several cutting-edge
projects that explore a wide range of natural language processing
issues. Some of our top current interests include:

- Acquisition of lexicons
- Computational psycholinguistics
- Cross-language information retrieval
- Human-computer interaction
- Lexical semantics
- Machine learning in NLP
- Multimedia search
- Question answering
- Statistical machine translation
- Stochastic parsing
- Web as a linguistic resource
- Word sense disambiguation

We offer a friendly working environment with extensive interaction
across academic departments and neighboring institutions.

To apply, please send a resume and a description of your research
interests to Denise Best (denise at cfar.umd.edu).

We're looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

    David Doermann (http://www.cfar.umd.edu/~doermann/)
    Bonnie Dorr (http://umiacs.umd.edu/~bonnie/)
    Rebecca Hwa (http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~hwa/)
    Gina Levow (http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~gina/cv/)
    Doug Oard (http://glue.umd.edu/~oard/)
    Philip Resnik (http://umiacs.umd.edu/~resnik/)
    Amy Weinberg (http://umiacs.umd.edu/~weinberg/)

    UMIACS strongly encourages applications from minorities and women.
    EOE/AA