Corpora: Lexical density and variation+ T-units

Elin Pard elin.pard at pp.htv.fi
Tue Mar 20 08:11:13 UTC 2001

I'm currently writing my master's thesis on simultaneous interpreting from
French into Swedish. Since the corpus is oral (transcribed) there are no
traditional "sentences" in it, so I decided to divide the text into T-units
(defined and invented by Kellogg Hunt, 1965). I am going to compare lexical
density and variation as well as clause-length. Does anyone know if there's
a computerized program for Swedish and(/or) French for determining lexical
density and variation. I know there should be one for English.

Thank you very much!

Sincerely,

Elin Pard,
Helsinki University