Corpora: retrieving from list

IM Roca imr7co at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:48:02 UTC 2001

Dear everyone,

I only recently joined the list, and must confess to
being very illiterate in corpus matters. So, I will
try to explain what I need in ordinary language, in
the hope someone has some suggestion.

I have a list of words, and want to be able to
retrieve them according to a number of criteria,
basically to do with their spelling. For instance, to
retrieve all words that end in a vowel, or all words
which have a vowel in the third position from the end,
and so on. It would actually help if I could encode
some phonology into the representation of the word,
for instance the syllable boundaries: could I in such
a case retrieve words with the vowel <a> in the second
syllable, for instance? Last, it would be useful to
tag the words for their source.

Many thanks for your attention.

Iggy Roca