Corpora: searching for a search engine

Hristo Tanev htanev at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 08:57:45 UTC 2001

Dear CORPORA list members!
My name is Hristo Tanev and I work as a consultant in
ITC (Instituto Trentino di Cultura).
Our research group searches a search engine, capable
of indexing of and searching on local databases (not
in Internet).
We need search engine which supports boolean queries,
considers the distance between the search terms and
has an easy to use API.
We intend to use this engine for Question Answering
research (in English).

We are interested not only in the free available
search engines, but in all which have reasonable
prise.

If I obtain interesting replies I will summarize them
in a message to the list.

Best wishes!
Hristo