Corpora: contractor on document summarisation

Jiawei Hu jiawei at cre.canon.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 08:24:10 UTC 2001

Fixed-term contract research on Document Summarisation

CRE (http://www.cre.canon.co.uk/) seeks an energetic and highly motivated
Language Technologist for a two-month fixed-term contract on document
summarisation.

We would like to supplement our current work with further investigations and
literature surveys of new document summarisation technologies, identifying
those could have a significant impact on the business, and advising on the
transfer of such technologies into our business activities.

Candidates need to have a NLP background, ideally with a PhD, and strong
experience of document summarisation. Applicants currently undertaking
post-doctoral work would be especially suitable.

This work can be performed off-site, e.g. at home or university, or at our
premises in Bracknell, UK.

We aim to make an appointment so as to start this work in early October
2001.

Letters of application (including full CV) or informal enquiries should be
addressed (preferably via email) to Hu Jiawei, jiawei at cre.canon.co.uk.