Corpora: latin/south america?

Ted Pedersen ted_pedersen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 16:09:14 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I am trying to identify people in Computational Linguistics and Natural
Language Processing who work in Latin and South America. If you are aware of
anyone who fits this description, (or if it fits you!) would you be so kind
as to send me a note with a name and email address?

I am contacting such folks on behalf of the North American Chapter of the
Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL) in an effort to increase
participation in those regions. I'm also hoping to get a very general sense
of the "state of the profession" in Latin and South America.

Thanks very much for any help you can offer.

Best,
Ted

PS I can correspond in Spanish or English, and may have someone who can
help me with Portuguese, so language shouldn't be too much of an obstacle.

---
Ted Pedersen
http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse